There are hundreds of health and fitness smart-phone apps these days. It can be difficult to decide which ones are reliable and helpful on your weight loss surgery journey. We have put together a list of some of the ones we like below.
- Allows you to track your fluid intake and set reminders to take your supplements.
- Also has a timer to help you keep your meals and fluids separate for 30 minutes either side of a meal.
- Keep a journal and document your thoughts and moods across your journey.
- Great videos that you can also show family and friends to help them understand the surgery.
- Includes lots of recipes. It is important to note however that many of these recipes include a large portion of carbohydrate, which as we know we aim to keep to a minimum.
- You can also document your food intake. As we have talked about before on the blog calorie counting is not a must, and not something we recommend. Documenting what you are having can be helpful for when you come and see us though as it can be hard to remember, but do not pay too much attention to the calories.
- Free to download
- Track your fluid intake
- Allows you to customize according to the size of your water bottle and glasses
- Set reminders to drink at different times throughout the day.
- Australian app that is free to download
- Use your camera to scan items in the supermarket and get a list of healthier options.
- Helps you to choose products that are low in saturated fat, refined sugar and salt.
4. Mindful Eating Coach
- Allows you to document your hunger and fullness on the ‘hunger and satiety scale’ before and after meals.
- You can then look back at your trends over time and see how you have been going at listening to your natural hunger and satiety cues.