While people choose to have weight loss surgery to lose weight, it is important to look at the bigger picture also. As we have talked about on the blog before, the number on the scales is just one measure of your success. We want to avoid getting ‘tunnel-vision’ on the scales and keep our focus on the broader improvements to your lifestyle.
We talk a lot about non-weight goals and how important it is to have a few in place to focus on. But how do you decide on your own non-weight goals? For some these are clear, but for others it can be difficult to come up with some non-weight goals. Below we list some of the goals patients have shared with us to give you some inspiration!
- To have more energy
- To sleep better
- To complete a fun run
- To be able to run around and be active with my children
- To take up a hobby that I have wanted to do for a long time i.e. dancing, a sport
- To improve joint or back pain
- To inspire a healthier lifestyle for my whole family
- To improve my self-esteem!
Write yours down, share with family and friends and keep somewhere you can see daily. Dedicate just as much time and thought (if not more!) to these goals as your goals for reaching a particular size or weight.