Dr. Nicole Winter
FRACS, MBBS(Hons), BMedSci
Oesophago-Gastric and Bariatric Surgeon
Dr. Nicole Winter is an upper gastrointestinal, bariatric and general surgeon. She also works as a consultant at the Royal Melbourne Hospital and St Vincent's Hospital Melbourne.
Nicole completed her medical degree at the University of Melbourne in 2007. She was awarded her fellowship in general surgery by RACS in 2016. Nicole subsequently completed subspecialty training in upper gastrointestinal surgery through ANZGOSA. This was undertaken at Box Hill Hospital in Melbourne and Princess Alexandra Hospital in Brisbane. Nicole completed a further bariatric fellowship at the Royal Brisbane and Women’s Hospital and at St Vincent's Hospital Northside with renowned bariatric surgeon Dr. George Hopkins. Nicole has a special interest in a patient-centred approach to the treatment of oesophageal and gastric cancer, hiatus hernia repair, anti-reflux surgery, and bariatric surgery.
Nicole is also passionate about the education and training of junior doctors and improving the surgical training experience. Nicole currently sits on the ANZGOSA board.
- Click here to see a list of publications, presentations and current research interests.
- Nicole Winter and the team at Melbourne Gastro Oesophageal Surgery team are extensively involved in research ensuring patients receive the most up to date and effective treatments.
Public Hospital Appointments
- St Vincent's Hospital Melbourne
- Royal Melbourne Hosptial
- FRACS – fellow of the Royal Australian College of Surgeons
- ANZGOSA – Australia and New Zealand Gastro-Oesophageal Surgery Association
- ANZHPBA - Australia and New Zealand Hepatic Pancreatic and Billray Association
- ANZMOSS - Australia and New Zealand Metabolic and Obesity Surgery Society
- GSA - General Surgeon Australia
Education and Experience
- Bariatric Surgery Fellow, Royal Brisbane and Women's Hospital, Brisbane 2020
- Oesophago-gastric surgery fellow, Princess Alexandra Hospital, Brisbane 2019
- Oesophago-gastric surgery fellow, Box Hill Hospital Eastern Health, Melbourne 2018
- Emergency General Surgery fellow, Royal Melbourne Hospital, Melbourne 2017
- Fellowship of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (RACS), General Surgery, 2016
- Bachelor of Medical and Bachelor of Surgery, Melbourne University, 2007
- Bachelor of Medical Science, Melbourne University, 2007